We provide customized sales engineer skills training for you and your team that can be delivered as:
- On-demand eLearning
- Live classes via the web
- On-site at your facility or ours
Speak with a trainer and learn how we can help you and your team excel in customer facing sales situations.
Two Day Sales Engineer Skills Training Program
About This Workshop
The Adaptive Adviser (A2) Sales Engineer Skills workshop is a two-day program designed to provide your SE team members with a process and the skills needed to drive the technical sale, to engender confidence with customers and to be perceived as a trusted adviser.
All classes will be customized to your unique needs based on input from you and your team. Additional Sales Engineer Skills modules can be added to give you team the skills and tools they need.
This workshop focuses on identifying each student’s strengths and weaknesses and providing them with new tools to give more effective product/service demonstrations.
This SE Skills Training workshop is designed for Sales Engineers, subject matter experts, and Technical People that have the responsibility engage in customer- facing or web-based sales situations.
SE Skills Training Class pre-work prior to class.
After Workshop Completion
After completing this sales engineer skills training workshop, students will:
- Understand the role of the SE and how to maximize their strategic value to their customers and sales people
- Increase productivity and success through improved sales and FAE teamwork
- Employ the technical sales process to drive to technical closure
- Establish rapport with their customer
- Engender confidence and be perceived as a trusted adviser
- Establish credibility with technical, C-Level and executive audiences
- Use discovery skills to learn valuable information during customer interactions:
- Identify technical stake holders
- Understand the technical decision process and criteria
- Learn questioning strategies to help uncover customer needs
- Assess technical fit and technical risk
- Understand prospect expectations before recommending solutions
- Qualify an evaluation or Proof of Concept (POC) before committing resources
- Learn a consultative sales process specifically designed for SEs
- Properly handle questions including hostile and competitive questions
- Using Q and A to enhance your credibility
- How to verify that you understand the question and the intent
- Confirming with the prospect that their question was answered
- Choosing the proper level of detail for your answers
- Dealing with hostile questions
- Dealing with objections
- Handling competitive questions
- Advocate solutions to customers issues NOT just technology
- Avoid costly mistakes and during prospect meetings
- Map product benefits to specific roles and needs
- Deal with competitive issues
- Work in harmony with the sales team
- Uncover up-sell and cross-sell opportunities
- Prepare and deliver compelling presentations and demos
- Use the white board as a sales tool